Privacy preserving data outsourcing
Within TREDISEC, the original data of the data owner should be protected against unintended and unauthorized access, and data confidentiality should be enforced by means of encryption. The encryption of large data sets with one or multiple encryption schemes should be executed in a performance-optimised manner. At the same time, end-user application downtime needs to be minimised during the migration process in order to allow daily business operations to continue.
- WP5-R1: Big Data confidentiality
- WP51-R1: Efficient initial encryption
- WP52-R1: Privacy preserving migration with minimum downtime
Privacy preserving processing
Privacy preserving processing deals with the design of mechanisms that enable the cloud to process encrypted data. Ideally, cloud providers should be able to conduct any complex operations on the outsourced data. While advances in fully homomorphic encryption are promising, they are still too computationally intensive to represent a viable solution for privacy preserving processing. This is why, in TREDISEC, we focus on a different line of research that aims at designing dedicated privacy preserving mechanisms for specific applications. More specifically, we address the problem of privacy preserving data processing for biometric data and privacy preserving word search:One of the most demanding operation for cloud application is word search. A data owner or another authorized third party should be able to search for some words over the data that has already been outsourced encrypted. The idea is to exploit the properties of the outsourced data and the functions we are interested in to come up with efficient security solutions that do not negatively impact the performances of cloud computing..
- WP51-R2: Query analysis for optimised SQL statement execution over remotely stored encrypted data
- WP53-R1: Privacy preserving data processing
- WP53-R2: Search pattern privacy for word search
- WP53-R3: Access pattern privacy for word search
- WP53-R4: Performance / Efficiency at the client
- WP53-R5: Query expressiveness for word search
Content extracted from deliverable document D2.2 Requirements Analysis and Consolidation